Educational opportunities for non-traditional students
University College is committed to extending the learning opportunities of the campus beyond the traditional environment by delivering high-quality online professional development and evening degree completion programs designed to enhance the effectiveness and skills of busy adults.
We are also comprised of International Programs and Services (IPS) and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI). These departments allow us to support the non-traditional learning of international students and older adult learners.
University College invites you to support one of the following areas during Pacific Gives 2018:
- Professional development is important in all stages of your career. We offer courses and certificates to help promote opportunities for professional success. The majority of our professional development is online, so it can fit your busy schedule.
Evening Degree Completion
- Our degree completion program allows busy adults to get a bachelor’s degree in a flexible way that works with their schedule. Evening classes are combined with online learning to allow the working professional the opportunity to finish what they started. The tuition for this program is reduced to meet the needs of adult students in the San Joaquin community.
International Programs and Services (IPS)
- IPS seeks to strengthen the global and international dimensions of teaching, learning, research and service at University of the Pacific. The office houses two units, one dedicated to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) and the other to Education Abroad.
- ISSS not only provides immigration-related services, such as issuing immigration forms and ensuring compliance with federal rules, but also assists international students and scholars adjust to academic, social, and cultural aspects of life at Pacific and in the United States. The team provides assistance to and serves as an informational resource for the Pacific community.
- The Education Abroad Team at Pacific facilitates international programs and partnerships, empowering students to have transformative experiences abroad. These students return with the knowledge and skills necessary to become successful and productive members of the global community.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
- OLLI at University of the Pacific is a non-profit education program designed for people ages 50+ and open to all adult learners. Each year OLLI provides intellectually stimulating classes, interest groups, local and international trips, and special events for its members.