Home of the Liberal Arts and Sciences
The College of the Pacific provides students with a modern liberal arts and sciences education that prepares students for today's opportunities. Each year, our students contribute to a wide range of projects that benefit our world, both in and outside the classroom. We strive to provide our students with meaningful, hands-on learning opportunities from the moment they arrive on campus. From experiential learning programs to access to state-of-the-art technology, we pride ourselves in providing students with impactful opportunities.
Our graduates leave Pacific prepared to succeed in graduate school and the job market, and receive unrivaled support from faculty and career services staff. Pacific's liberal arts education helps students build teamwork, adaptability and creative thinking skills that employers are looking for. In fact, 88% of the College’s graduates accept a job offer, are accepted into graduate or professional school, or are working for a service organization within six months of graduating.
We encourage you to support our students’ path to success with a gift to one of the following programs during Pacific Gives 2018. You may also give directly give to any department within the College of the Pacific.
Gomez Family Foundation Endowed Scholarship
- The needs-based scholarship provides support for Latino undergraduate students who study within the College and are in their Junior or Senior years at Pacific. Preference is given to individuals who are first-generation college students.
- Thanks to the generosity of the Orta family, each of the first 50 gifts to the College of the Pacific will be matched with a $1,000 gift to the Gomez Family Foundation Endowed Scholarship.
Media X Program
- Media X is an interdisciplinary major designed for students who are interested in pursuing creative combinations of coursework in subjects such as graphic design, English, business, theatre arts, digital and visual art, film studies, communication, computer science and engineering, and music industries.
Larry Meredith Endowed Scholarship
- The Fund honors Dr. Meredith and his long history of service to Pacific. The Scholarship is a need-based fund for students with a Religious Studies major.
- Gifts to this scholarship will be matched dollar for dollar thanks to the Powell Match Program.
- Thanks to generous donor support, the first 25 gifts to the College of the Pacific will be matched with $1,000 gifts to the Larry Meredith Endowment.
Experiential Learning Initiative (ELI)
- The Experiential Learning Initiative aims to help students within the College secure experiential learning opportunities, such as internships and hands-on training, that will help them prepare for life after Pacific.
School of International Studies
- The School's interdisciplinary program is designed to help develop strong analytical reasoning ability and strengthen written and oral communication skills while building intercultural competence and personal confidence. Many of the core courses in the undergraduate program are team-taught by faculty from different disciplines. Students gain a broader perspective of global challenges as they view them through various lenses -- history, economics, anthropology, language, political science, and geography.
Stauffer Charitable Trust Challenge Grant
- In 2013, the Chemistry Department at University of the Pacific was awarded a $500,000 challenge from the John Stauffer Charitable Trust to enhance the research opportunities for undergraduate students majoring in chemistry and biochemistry. The grant matched donations of any amount on a 1:1 basis over the course of a five-year period to create a $1 million John Stauffer Undergraduate Summer Research Endowment in Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- In 2018, the Stauffer Charitable awarded Pacific with an additional $500,000 challenge grant after we met our initial goal! Help us unlock another $1 million for our undergraduate chemistry researchers!