Medicare Part D Endowment
You can support pharmacy students and help them safeguard the well-being of our community through the Medicare Part D Endowment. Pharmacy students in the Medicare Part D program serve Medicare beneficiaries and assist them with evaluating Part D prescription drug plan offerings and minimizing their out-of-pocket prescription drug costs during 13-16 Mobile Medicare Clinics each year. They also provide patients with a comprehensive evaluation of all of their medications to ensure they are safe and effective to take together. Student pharmacists inform patients about all identified medication-related issues, provide detailed medication counseling and create a personalized medication record in the patient's preferred language. Student pharmacists also present and communicate their findings with licensed pharmacist preceptors, and when necessary the patient's prescriber(s).
Over the past 12 years, 454 Medicare Part D pharmacy students have collectively:
- Hosted clinics in 20 cities across California
- Assisted 7,707 beneficiaries with their Part D plan through 41 community outreach events
- Helped beneficiaries save an estimated >$8 million on potential out-of-pocket prescription drug costs
- Assisted >1800 low-income beneficiaries
- Provided assistance to >1,100 individuals in a language other than English
- Volunteered >18,000 hours to serve Medicare beneficiaries and assist them with Part D plan optimization and/or Medication Therapy Management Services
Support Pacific's Medicare Part D Program
Your tax-deductible gift will help the School build, expand and sustain the Medicare program and its students. With your support pharmacy students will continue to have opportunities to put classroom learning into community action and impact the clinical and economic outcomes of Northern Californians in need.
Your generosity and donation to the Medicare Part D Endowment may be used to:
- Support and expand the program, student-centered class activities and outreach events
- Help offset student travel cost to conferences to present their Medicare-related research
- And much more…
When our goal is reached, we will have the opportunity to double our impact through a unique matching opportunity - The Powell Match. In October 2013, Pacific announced a transformational gift of $125 million from the estate of Robert and Jeannette Powell. The Powell's believed deeply in the value of a Pacific education, and a portion of their gift has been designated to fund a matching campaign for endowed programs -- like ours -- to create academic opportunity and empower students to go where promise leads them!
Consider serving on our Advisory Board
Your time and talent are valuable to us. Medicare Part D alumni who give at the $1,250 level or more between now and February 14, 2019, will be considered to serve on the Medicare Part D Endowment Advisory Board. The Advisory Board will provide strategic direction, offer innovative ideas and dynamic perspectives and assess program effectiveness of the endowment.
For more information contact Susan Webster firstname.lastname@example.org 209.946.3116