Formula SAE Team - Racing to their First Competition!
Support future engineers as they develop their skills through the hands-on learning opportunity provided by participating in the Formula Society of Automotive Engineers Team (SAE). This team is participating in the FORMULA SAE SERIES, an annual collegiate design competition involving university student teams from across the country. This prestigious competition challenges students to design and manufacture a race car from scratch and then compete in areas such as cost efficiency, auto design, and effectiveness of the team’s business presentations. Dynamic events such as skid pad, acceleration, endurance, efficiency, and autocross are also part of the national competition. Our team consists of students from a wide variety of majors, including Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Bioengineering, Computer Science, and Business. This project requires our team to have superb project management skills and strategies to complete the car on time and with high quality. We are overcoming the challenges of COVID 19 through the use of technology to communicate and create a 3D model of our vehicle. In the spring semester, we will manufacture our vehicle and begin testing and tuning our design in small groups, as allowed by the university. We are officially registered for this year’s competition, and our car will be completed and tested before we attend it. We started this team ⅕ years ago, and our goal is to create an everlasting Formula SAE program at the University of the Pacific. This will provide students with unmatched project management and hands-on experience. This program also attracts many more students to our university, creating a thriving engineering department.
Your generous donation will be used for:
- Buying tires, tools, raw materials, and necessary software.
- Paying for the cost of manufacturing the body.
- Registering for the events.
- Buying uniforms for the team.
- Travel and shipping expenses associated with the competition.
- Formula SAE Cars for each year in the future.
Over the past 1.5 years, the Formula SAE Team has:
- Built a full prototype Formula SAE Car as proof of concept.
- Grown from 6 to over 30 active members.
- Gained support from the Dean of the school of engineering, many faculty members, various media outlets throughout the University, alumni, and outside sponsors.
- Increased student attendance to the school through advertisement to prospective students.
- Applied to be an official Collegiate SAE Chapter.
Support the University of the Pacific Formula SAE Team
The team is funded by philanthropic donations and corporate sponsorships from individuals and organizations that are inspired by this exciting student project and also are interested in having the donor recognition opportunities available through the season. We invite you to join our efforts to build a safe, powerful, and successful car to compete in the 2021 competition!
To find out more information about the team pleaser visit asmeclub.com.